Active components of Milk Thistle; silymarin and silybinin:
- anti-fibrotic properties
- stimulate protein biosynthesis and liver regeneration
- increase lactation
- possess immunomodulation activity S-adenosylmethionine
-Increases hepartic glutathione Concentrations
-Helps maintain plasma membrane fluidity and function
-Is involved in many biochemical pathways that can help maintain normal liver cell function.
- Fat metabolism in the liver.
- Helps control blood sugar levels, containing cynarin
- Cynarin - stimulating the production of bile in the liver and promoting the discharge of bile from the system
- An amino acid involved in lipid metabolism in mammals
• Controlling the oxidation of sensitive membranes. They ‘mop up’ destructive free radicals and protect cells from damage